/ by /   Health Tip, Pets / 0 comments

Bee Sting 101

It’s bee sting season! Do you have a plan if your pet is stung by a bee?
It is important to be prepared. 🐝☀️🐝
Symptoms can include: Swelling, redness, itchiness, sensitivity to touch, hives, and lethargy.
1. Remove the stinger if it is still in the skin.
2. Apply a cold compress to help with swelling and pain.
3. Give your pet an antihistamine if they are experiencing an allergic reaction. *Be sure to get the dosage and information from your veterinarian.
4. Monitor closely for severe allergic reactions. This includes signs of anaphylaxis, which can be a life-threatening allergic reaction. These symptoms can include difficulty breathing, swelling of the face and throat, or vomiting to name a few. If you notice these symptoms, seek veterinary care immediately.
5. Provide your pet with fresh drinking water and a calm/cool environment after a bee sting incident.
6. If swelling or pain persists, schedule a visit with your veterinarian. 🩺
#pethealth #summersafety #veterinarian #animalhospital #vetmed #beesting


Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.